Thursday, February 12, 2009

A decision made...

Well, I think I've reached a decision and I believe it to be the right one. Last night when I got home I had a registration packet from St. Ann's. I had thought about it a lot, so I filled it out and stuck it in the mail this morning. Rather than be cynical and a bit obnoxious about it, I've decided to use this as an opportunity. To really make it a good experience about my faith and love for God. And I won't be going it alone. My best friend (whose son is my Godson) hasn't been going to Church either, so she is going to go with me. We'll see how long that lasts. But I am determined to make the most of it, put my heart into it and make is a good experience for me and to help bring me closer to God.

Maybe God did in fact whop me upside the head with a wake up call. Maybe this is what He wants me to do right now. We don't always get dealt the hand WE think WE deserve; mostly, I think, we get dealt the hand HE KNOWS we NEED. At least, that's what I'm hoping! I was thinking last night about my post on Plenary Indulgences and I realized that the reason I don't like the concept is because it seems too much like trying to bargain with God. Having a fair amount of experience at trying to bargain with God, I can tell you it very rarely rarely works out the way you think it should or you want it to. I think God probably gets a small chuckle out of it and then does what He wants to do. As it should be, really.

I don't know if this is the right decision, but I hope it is.. I'll pray it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment